🍶️ natuurlijke cider & poiré
Cid Van Veerdegem
PRINCIPLES OF THE CIDER AND POIRÉ CHOICE
(1) The orchard is critical for the producer, who’s deeply involved in the orchard management.
(2) Orchards are preferably organic or biodynamic.
(3) Orchards with conventional agriculture act as biodiversity hotspots and have responsible practices, not using pesticides or herbicides.
(4) Cider and poiré ferment spontaneously, no addition of industrial yeasts.
(5) Sulfur is used in minimum quantities, usually before bottling.
(6) No addition of other enological products such as tannin, aromas or clarifiers.
(7) Clarity is achieved by gravity. Some bottles may have sediment residue.
(8) Our cider and poiré are artisanal and express terroir.
(9) El Cider wants to support cider producers who uphold the spirit of cider by making a responsible product and contributing to their local heritage, environment and community.
(10) Some people call these ciders and poiré “natural”, “low-intervention”, “raw”, “cidres vivants”, “heritage cider” or “authentic cider”.